We are constantly working on improving our platform and implementing new features to it. In this blog post, you'll find an overview of updates to Messente in January 2021.
Improved design for Phonebook views
Messente's Phonebook is one of the key features on our platform. Using this tool you can manage your contacts, and import/export them. In January, we reached the first milestone of updating our Phonebook view. The first milestone focuses mainly on design and laying the foundation for further updates.
With this update, the user experience for creating a new group has been improved significantly both from the flow and design perspective. Group creation has been separated into logical and consecutive steps from creating a new group to importing contacts into that group so that you don't miss anything important.
As mentioned above, this is the first milestone of four that we have reached in upgrading Messente's Phonebook feature. In the coming months, we will update contact management, importing contacts, and adding them to the blacklist.
Improved full page loading times
While adding new features and updating new ones is important, we can't forget about the overall performance of Messente's platform. In parallel to new features, we always keep an eye on the loading times of our platform. In January, we improved the load times for most pages about 200%.
Smaller fixes and updates:
- Changed: Improved error logging
- Changed: Improved some design elements on Statistics view
- Fixed: Avoid extra API calls when viewing Message History
- Fixed: Allow user with Sender permissions to create Phonebook Groups
- Fixed: Multiple minor bugfixes related to Groups list view in Phonebook
- Fixed: Fixed a bug in statistics generation
- Fixed: Fix an edge case where incorrect statistics was stored about the message
- Fixed: Prevent a potential race condition related to handling delivery reports
- Fixed: Prevent failing statistics update re-tries of getting lost
This is it for January. Stay tuned for the next overview and new updates (or keep an eye on our changelog). We would be very happy to hear what you think of these updates and what we should improve next. If you have any feedback or suggestions, feel free to send me an email to email@example.com. Take care and I'll see you in March!